New Medicine Service in Stoke-on-Trent
Welcome to Butt Lane Pharmacy, your trusted healthcare partner in Stoke-on-Trent. Introducing the NHS New Medicine Service, a valuable resource for those starting new prescriptions. In this page, we’ll delve into the details of the service and explain why choosing Butt Lane Pharmacy enhances your healthcare experience.
Understanding the NHS New Medicine Service
The NHS New Medicine Service is designed to provide individuals with support and guidance when starting new prescriptions. It aims to ensure that patients understand their medications and can use them safely and effectively.
At Butt Lane Pharmacy, we believe that starting a new medication shouldn’t be confusing. Our NHS New Medicine Service offers expert support to help you navigate the introduction of new prescriptions.
Who is eligible?
The New Medicine Service is only available for people living in England who have been prescribed a new medicine for these conditions:
- • asthma
- • chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- • type 2 diabetes
- • high blood pressure
- • high cholesterol
- • osteoporosis
- • gout
- • glaucoma
- • epilepsy
- • Parkinson’s disease
- • urinary incontinence or retention
- • heart failure
- • coronary heart disease
- • atrial fibrillation
- • unstable angina or heart attack
- • stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- • long-term risk of blood clots or blocked blood vessels, including DVT (deep vein thrombosis)
Why Choose Butt Lane Pharmacy
- – Pharmacist Expertise: Our experienced pharmacists provide personalised advice on your new medications, ensuring clarity and confidence.
- – Collaboration with Healthcare Providers: We work closely with your healthcare team to ensure seamless communication and coordination.
- – Convenient Location: Situated in Stoke-on-Trent, Butt Lane Pharmacy offers accessible access to the NHS New Medicine Service.
Benefits of the NHS New Medicine Service
- – Clear Understanding: Our service ensures you fully understand your new medications, dosages, and potential side effects.
- – Safe Usage: Expert guidance helps you use your new prescriptions safely and avoid potential complications.
- – Enhanced Adherence: By understanding your medications better, you’re more likely to adhere to your treatment plan.
How the NHS New Medicine Service Works
- – Personalised Consultation: Our pharmacists conduct a personalised consultation to explain your new prescription and answer your questions.
- – Medication Management: We help you create a schedule and routine for taking your new medications.
- – Ongoing Support: Our support doesn’t end after the consultation; we’re here to address any concerns that arise.
Empower Your Medication Journey
By choosing the NHS New Medicine Service at Butt Lane Pharmacy, you’re empowering yourself to take control of your health.
Get in touch today if you have any questions about our services or book an appointment at a time and day that suits you.